Scope of CEN/TC 260:
Fertilizers and liming materials: Harmonization of denominations, specifications, marking, methods of test (physical and/or chemical) and safety conditions, related to fertilizers and Liming materials. Work on items covered by EEC directives currently existing should only be undertaken at the invitation of the Commission.
CEN/TC 260 elaborates
To make European Standards available related to:
• Methods of sampling and analysis of EC-fertilizers (Mandates M/335, M/418 and M/454) regarding the following main aspects:
- Quality and composition
- Instrumental methods for the determination of heavy metals
- Tolerances on analytical methods
- Methods on new types of fertilizers
• Liming materials
• Since 1995, about 80 European Standards, 12 Technical Specifications and 6 CEN-Reports were adopted.
• Harmonization of methods of sampling and analysis of fertilizers and liming materials, necessary for a European and worldwide market regarding these products.
• The need of the European Commission to modernise and harmonise methods of sampling and analysis, reinforced by regulation (EC) No 2003/2003.
|Legal status Source|
|Networking activities Source|
|Identifier in the register Source|
|Lobbying activities Source|
|Registration date Source|
|Status of registration Source|
|Main category Source|